April 12, 2011

3,000 words

Today was a great day.  I spent a lot of it writing, and put together 3,000 nicely polished words for my soon-to-be-finished book.

These particular 3,000 words get a special mention on my blog because they mark the start of a long, secretive, and forbidden romance between two of my characters.  The entire book up to this point has been building up to it, so this part's really important.  For the progression of the story, and for the start of the relationship.  In fact, I think that these will turn out to be the most important 3,000 words in my book.  I hope people love them. 

I'm actually really excited by how it turned out.  I don't want to give anything away, so I can't say much at this point.  But I will say this: I listened to Take That's Rule the World over and over as I wrote the scene.  I think it's one of the most magical songs ever performed.  I want it to play at my wedding.  That's how powerful it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment